After moving from NH to the Tampa Bay area of FL in 2014, Dr. Fernald wanted to open a school which sought to offer therapeutic intervention like speech and occupational therapy while individualizing an educational curriculum for each student. She successfully opened a local school, which has since shifted its philosophy and mission from its original focus. So, following the success of a few summer programs with Mrs. Emily Moniz, Dr. Fernald was approached by Lili Bernhardt, a colleague who specializes in working with children who have sensory processing disorders and are Autistic. Together, Dr. Fernald, Mrs. Moniz and Ms. Bernhardt moved forward with making the dream of a DIRFloortime educational center come to fruition.
Mission & Vision
- REC is a 501(c)3 organization, allowing for tax deductible donations
- Provide students with special needs therapeutic and academic support while regulating emotions and supporting individual differences by building relationships
- Private school for children in kindergarten through 12th grade; Mostly follow the Pasco County school calendar; 9 AM – 2 PM Monday through Friday
- Students may have specific diagnoses such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Speech-Language Disorders, Sensory Processing Disorders, or Learning Disabilities among other differences that may yet to be diagnosed
- Offer individualized therapeutic intervention in an academic environment
Schedule a Tour
Please reach out to schedule a tour of our state of the art facility which offers multiple classrooms, various educational tools and sensory equipment to support learning. During your visit you’ll meet staff, observe students, and discover more about our unique approach.